Tuesday, June 8, 2010

how did you spend your 6 months of reflection?

Last post was in January. I was giving you plenty of time to think things over.

Yes, I have been negligent. I should post here more often as I'm continually finding things to write about, but then I think of something else to do.

Anyway, computer-wise, I've been thinking of some projects:

  • Storage box. A computer with only storage to use for all my machines.

  • Slackware? Gentoo? I love running Linux on my computers. And I would really like to get down-and-dirty with a bare-bones distribution and build a personalized OS . . . BUT do I really want to spend weeks getting my wireless to work? Not really. Say what you will about Ubuntu, but it detects all my hardware. I think this is one of those things that I'll continue to THINK is a good idea for a long time to come, but then never do it.

  • Learn Emacs? I'm not sure about this one. I am beginning to love (g)vim and I've put my time in-in regards to becoming proficient. But, emacs looms. Should I learn it? There are supporters on both sides and they are vocal and passionate. Maybe I need to learn both to know my true place.

  • Python. I got a book about Python/Qt development. I thought it would be a good excuse for learning Python. Maybe I'll make some widgets to ease my wife's computing experiences. We'll see.


Ok, time for bed and I promise to at least double my post output.

No comments:

Post a Comment